Click here to check out our wonderful photos of the event:
Petrochemicals are chemicals derived from petroleum or natural gas. Materials are obtained from crude petroleum in one of two ways. Some common petrochemicals that have been linked to health concerns are dioxins, phthalates, SLS, DEA, TEA and formaldehyde. All of these are commonly found in non-natural and non-organic products.
Petrochemicals used as raw materials include ethylene, propylene, butadiene, benzene, toluene, xylene, and naphthalene. Petrochemicals can cause allergic reactions and skin irritation. Petroleum products do not absorb into the skin well so they smother the skin and can keep it from functioning properly while other petrochemicals can absorb through the skin right into the bloodstream.
Here is a short list of the endless infiltration of petrochemical products we unknowingly use daily:
- Plastics (e.g., polyethylene, polypropylene, polystyrene) – Use bamboo bowls and containers in your house. I have switched to bamboo cooking utensils as well after a horrific incident of my plastic melting!)
- Soaps and detergents – Go all natural and organic! After all, Mother Nature truly has some phenomenal gifts for us. Prana will begin bringing more natural products to your home in time. We test it at our own homes and bodies first!
- Solvents – They smell cruel and harsh to me. Our rule is: If it’s not natural, it’s synthetic. If it’s synthetic, it’s not synergistic, and if it’s not synergistic, it’s not safe.
- Drugs – Just say no to drugs!! Lol! Go proactive instead of reactive and research preventative health options. Our world has enough natural healing resources and it’s more sustainable.
- Fertilizers – Fertilizer does not have to be any shade of blue to be effective anyway! There are many natural fertilizers that work amazingly. The fruits of your labor will also taste better when you feed it with something that synchronizes with its own genetic makeup!
- Pesticides – Did you know that there are pure essential oils that will deter insects and pests…..including some unwanted family members? lol! Eucalyptus, Lemon Balm, Catnip, Peppermint, and even our soft lavender will do the job….We’ll blog on them later.
Why are they still using Petrochemicals? Why? Because of Profit margins, my friends. It is cheaper and easier to create products. It is a *low-cost synthetic preservative for which many large cosmetic brands have tried to fund study to prove that prolonged usage is safe. Unfortunately for them, all studies failed. Parabens are used in many personal products as a preservative to *extend the shelf life of products. These chemicals can be found in face and body moisturizers, body wash, and cleansers.
At Prana, we believe in sharing our wealth – by taking *smaller profit margins, and contributing to the sustainability of our planet, creating a beautiful world with healthy, happy people, animals, and plants. And it makes us feel good.
At Prana, we add only *natural preservatives, and not having what we at Prana call a “forever-shelf-life”. Why would you want to use a product that has been on the shelf for a long time, when you can make the intelligent and conscious choice of having products that are freshly made when you order?
It is time for us to change the course that was set before us for generations. and understand intelligently what all these petrochemicals do to our bodies, our health, our environment and our generations to come.